Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Quilt Finished!


Pinwheels!




I finally finished the pinwheel quilt for my friends who were married at the end of May. I will be able to give it to them when they are in Alabama again in August. I would like to get a pillow and a tote bag made to put them in, but we'll wait on that just now cause I am a long ways from my sewing machine.



My favorite part of the quilting process. Free motion quilting. I had a bobbin problem and didn't realize it until I was done. The tension just didn't look right.




I cleaned the machine, changed the needle, re threaded top and bobbin, cleaned the bobbin case again, checked the top tension, changed out the top thread and finally checked the tension on the bobbin case. Whoa! It was very loose. I have never touched it before- always have been a little afraid too.





Tightened it up. Turned that tiny screw a whole rotation. Ready to go again.





I love the binding. I hand sewed it on sitting in my mother's summer house. I didn't use any pins so no ugly sticks with a pin while handling the quilt. My secret is Elmer's school glue. Check out this video ( turn your sound down first) for the how to's.


I got very comfortable free motion quilting...so I put their names on the sashing and a little heart.


No label. Just put the little tag on the binding using the salvage.

It's a Hoot by MoMo for Moda fabric. I love it!




The whole thing!






The end!

(the girl behind the quilt. shhhh!)

No comments:

Post a Comment