Tuesday, June 7, 2011

it's about time

I didn't know so much time had elapsed since I last posted. I have been busy ...moving people has taken up some weekends. Moving girls home from college. Moving mother in law to her new digs. And moving stuff in our house to accommodate college girls things. Too much moving.

A little sewing progress .... Below is Block 8 or 4 wheeler. This one had lots of trimming and too many seams! One more block and I will be done with the official quilt a long. I am slightly behind but I will finish.





I have done some practice free motion quilting on this little pinwheel table runner. I used the Happy Camper charm pack I had stashed and I made prairie points. They are so cute and easy to make. I love the free motion quilting ... although I feel like I am getting better at it but have some work to do. I have heard that a glass of wine helps relax you before getting started. At this time of year in the deep south I prefer a glass of beer! I know, not very girly. But more refreshing!





and last but not least...I have almost finished the pinwheel quilt I am making for a special couple for their wedding gift.



Philip and Amber were married on May 28 but since I wasn't able to go to the wedding and I won't be seeing them until August that gave me some more time. Here is a peak of the front and back -it's all ready to quilt (hence all the practice.) Philip and Amber are moving to Boston where he will attend seminary (and where they will need a warm quilt since they are both southern kids!)



The front..




the back.


I think I want to use the leftover fabric to make a pillow and a bag to gift it in. I used two charm pack of "It's a Hoot, " and the blue geometric is Alexander Henry that I found at JoAnn's.
Time to get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment